If UPA Elementary schools decided to change the narrative (report card) what are the 3 things you would like to see on it other than letter grades, percentages etc.?
Please post your answers in the comment section below. Your responses will be forwarded to Ms. Middleton. Thank you!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I actually would not be interested in a letter grade on this project. If people want to see grades make it on the class work, home work, quizzes etc. I think the narratives, at this grade level, are a collaboration between the parent(s) and the student. A letter grade on it would HAVE to be shared/earned by both parent(s) and student. What if the parent was not helpful in the research department? What if the parent did not constantly remind the student to write this section, practice these words? Does that student deserve a lower grade? I think not. I think students should be graded on work that is 100% their own work, their own thoughts, their own memorization and efforts.
ReplyDelete