It seems like I haven't given you all an update in quite sometime, so here it goes.......
Exhibitions
We wrapped our exhibitions last week. I must say that they all were really great. I learned a lot about a variety of topics from eagles to football, Hawaii and even the human body. The next round of exhibitions will occur in Mid-March. At home you and your child should begin brainstorming ideas for the project now, so that you can avoid a last minute headache.
Math
This week we've begun a new math unit, which focuses a lot on counting money and providing real-world examples. When you're out at the store, allow your child to calculate how much money to give the cashier, and how much change they should get back. Remember to be patient, this is a complicated skill to master.
Guided Reading
This week we've started Guided Reading again. Your child will bring a book home on a nightly basis that they should either read to themselves or to an adult. If they are reading silently, be sure to have a discussion about the book using the form I sent home during our first learning team meeting. If you need another copy, let me know.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment